March 15, 2010

Crap

Megan Washington, Lisa Mitchell, Angus and Julia Stone, Meaghan Smith, Regina Spektor, Joanna Newsom, Sarah Blasko, blah blah blah.
They all sound the same! Soft music accompanied by baby talk vocals with a complete lack of proper enunciation and pronounciation to make it cuter. It's infuriating!
I feel like they live in some fantasy world we're everything is cutesy and lovely and quirky and the worst thing that ever happens is the occasional heartbreak. There's no war, poverty, famine, or any other problem that could evoke more emotion that would have them sing above a whisper. And what's with pronouncing 's' as "sh"? And I'm sick of xylophones, glockenspiels, bells, marimba's and all similar instruments used in said songs! This shit just drives me crazy! What the FUCK!

I'm sure this will piss a lot of people off, and as my friends say we can't always play guitar driven rock 24/7, but fuck you anyway. Just had to get that off my chest in the way all self indulgent egomaniacs rant about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment