July 20, 2009

Rolling stone magazine

I just saw a copy of rolling stone with 'my hero' Lady Ga Ga on the cover. What the fuck happened to rolling stone!? I remember buying the issue with the vines on the cover and thinking I'd found the greatest rock and roll press ever (I was 16). I remember seeing the movie 'Almost Famous' and thinking that it must only be the cream of Rock and Roll involved in that magazine.
Then idiots like Britney and Jessica Simpson started making the cover, and they filled it with constant articles on Iraq and politics. If I wanted to read about that, I'd buy an actual newspaper, not a music magazine with a naked idiot on the cover. Fucked.
Now I'm not saying I'd turn down anything from Rolling Stone, that'd be a huge boost for our career, but I wish it was a credible magazine that didn't jump on every pop bandwagon that comes along, reviews it as awesome, then forgets about it in seconds.

To Rolling Stone - FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

2 comments: