June 26, 2010

Awesome

Back in 2005, before The Vignettes, I saw Wolfmother play at the Gaelic club launching their first big EP.  The room was pretty full, and they were pretty freaking good (despite my french friend walking out because they were 'crep') and not long after they were the biggest band in the world.  I remember thinking "That's my dream. To be in a band, and headline at a place like this, to hundreds of adoring fans".
Last night we realised that dream. 
Despite being a week and a half out of hospital, having the flu, having the record we were launching lost in NZ somewhere, and having my guitar start to fuck up at our rehearsals in the lead up, we still fucking DID IT!
Thank you to everyone who supported us, and helped us to realise our dream of being wanker rock stars.
It was fucking amazing.

The Vignettes

No comments:

Post a Comment