October 18, 2009

Faves

Favourite guitarists of all time, according to Joel Murray.

1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Jimmy Page
3. Tom Morello
4. Angus Young
5. Tommy Iommi
6. Brian May
7. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
8. Nick Zinner (despite the recent douche album 'zero', his previous guitar work blows my mind)
9. Josh Homme
10. Craig Nichols (not because he's brilliant, but because he made me want to play guitar)

Am writing new songs but haven't had the time or money to practice them.  As always, I've been thinking of ways to make my guitar sound bigger.  Unfortunately some of my ideas are quite expensive eg, custom guitars, more amps,etc.  If anyone wants to give to the vignettes fund, feel free to go buy our new EP 'Violence Solves Everything' when it comes out next month (November).   Dear god let it get us out of this awful rut.  Modern music is still rubbish, especially in Aus. Our cat sleeps with her tongue out.

The Vignettes

1 comment:

  1. A righteous list! Although I personally think Omar Rodriguez-Lopez should be a little higher. But that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete